About this role:
Software Development position responsible for design, implementation, and support of Python based web applications to help fulfill our Research & Consulting Delivery strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Designing, implementing, unit, integration testing and supporting Python based applications and services
- Contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements
- Collaborate on architecture and technical design discussions
- Perform and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Documenting and review detailed design
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 2 - 4 years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience
- Python programming language experience is required
- Experience relational databases using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), etc.
- Knowledge of algorithms and statistics, data mining, machine learning and natural language processing
- Knowledge of Python ORMs like SQL Alchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy, NLTK, Spacy and Scipy is plus
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) and Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, EMR, Kafka is plus
- Knowledge Cloud platforms like AWS is plus
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who you are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience’s
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:39773
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.