Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Role : Machine Learning Developer
As a part of Gartner’s global Machine Learning research and development team, participate in various automated unstructured data processing activities in their different stages: from data discovery/generation and feature engineering to statistical model building and prototype design as well as implementation into efficient API.
What you’ll do:
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, and data modelling to build solutions for recognizing patterns in the real-world data, organizing information, extracting entities and discovering relations between them, leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Work with engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms.
What you’’ll need:
- BE/BTech or MCA degree in full time.
- 6 to 8 years of total programming experience;
- Ability to write production-quality object-oriented code in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or C#;
- An open mind; desire to learn the best language/technology to solve a given problem;
- Deep understanding of machine learning theory and practice (feature engineering, regularization, hyperparameter tuning, ensemble methods, CNNs and RNNs);
- Expertise in data analysis (experiment design, classification, regression, unsupervised methods);
- Knowledge of core computer science concepts such as: data structures and algorithms, code profiling/optimization.
- Detailed knowledge of at least one popular Deep Learning library, proven ability to implement in practice any neural network configuration described in literature.
- Proficiency with regular expressions and other deterministic methods for processing text as well as experience in practical NLP is a plus;
- Ease with Linux;
- “Hacker” attitude: hunger for resolving enigmas, finding solutions to riddles and facing uncommon challenges;
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives;
- Be open to work in an open source technology-based implementations and solutions and not be bound to a specific tool, technology or framework.
- Autonomous and responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work;
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions.
- Positive attitude, friendliness and generosity.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values. Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Job Requisition ID:23961
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.