Manager, Software Engineering- ML
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
TalentNeuron™ is an enterprise SaaS based HR Analytics product built on cutting-edge cloud, big data & open source technologies, frameworks & toolset serving some of the global brands. The product development team wants to leverage ML to enhance its vast data pool & is looking for a Senior Architect as per the details outlined below.
As a part of Gartner’s Global Machine Learning Research & Development team, you will be leading the local growing team of Machine Learning Engineers in Bangalore, overlooking delivery of automated data processing activities at different stages: guiding from data discovery/generation, feature engineering to statistical model building, prototype design as well as implementation into efficient API.
What you’ll do:
- Assume the team leadership duties: monitor the progress of work items, ensure that deadlines are met, distribute tasks among team members by keeping the right balance between general exploration & active project work, proactively report to the higher manager for any blockers all while ensuring the quality of deliverables.
- Apply machine learning, programming & data modeling techniques to build solutions for recognizing patterns in the real-world data, organizing information, extracting entities & discovering relations between them, prototype development & product improvement.
- Work with engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide technical guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Build effective methodologies to collect and training data and ensure the data is adequately pre/post processed.
What you’ll need:
- Fundamental understanding of ML, NLP, text or image-based analysis, good fundamental knowledge of the various toolsets/framework necessary for implementation/testing/training.
- 8 + years of programming experience in development, deployment & supporting of web apps;
- 2+ years on a team leadership/management position;
- Ability to write production-quality object-oriented code in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or C#;
- An open mind; desire to learn the best language/technology to solve a given problem;
- Keen interest to and good understanding of machine learning theory and practice;
- Knowledge of core computer science concepts such as: data structures and algorithms, code profiling/optimization; well versed with Linux
- Good written & communication skills.
- “Hacker” attitude: hunger for resolving enigmas, finding solutions to riddles and facing uncommon challenges;
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives;
- Autonomous & responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work;
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions.
- Working experience in AWS or Azure
- detailed understanding of cloud driven DevOps
- Experience of using message queues – Kafka/Rabbit/Active MQ
- Knowledge of No-SQL Databases like Mongo/Cassandra, RDBMS like MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Exposure to search-engines like SOLR/Elastic Search
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values. Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Job Requisition ID:30018
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.