Lead Software Engineering- Machine Learning
About the Role :
As a part of Gartner’s global Machine Learning research and development team, participate in various automated unstructured data processing activities in their different stages: from data discovery/generation and feature engineering to statistical model building and prototype design as well as implementation into efficient API.
What you ll do:
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, and data modeling to build solutions for recognizing patterns in the real world data, organizing information, extracting entities and discovering relations between them, leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Work with engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms.
- Assume the team leadership duties: monitor the progress of work items, ensure that deadlines are met, distribute tasks among team members by keeping the right balance between general exploration and active project work, proactively report to the higher manager any blockers.
What you ll need:
- Strong fundamental understanding of ML, NLP or text-based analysis and good fundamental knowledge of the various toolsets and framework necessary for implementation and testing/training.
- 6 to 8 years of total programming experience.
- Ability to write production-quality object-oriented code in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or C#.
- An open mind; desire to learn the best language/technology to solve a given problem.
- Keen interest to and good understanding of machine learning theory and practice.
- Knowledge of core computer science concepts such as: data structures and algorithms, code profiling/optimization.
- “Hacker” attitude: hunger for resolving enigmas, finding solutions to riddles and facing uncommon challenges.
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives.
- Autonomous and responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work.
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions.
- Positive attitude, friendliness and generosity.
- Deep understanding of machine learning theory and practice (feature engineering, regularization, hyperparameter tuning, ensemble methods, CNNs and RNNs).
- Expertise in data analysis (experiment design, classification, regression, unsupervised methods)
- Detailed knowledge of at least one popular Deep Learning library, proven ability to implement in practice any neural network configuration described in literature.
Who you are:
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to teamwork as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:30018
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.