Lead, Software Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Directs a multi-disciplinary development team to develop and implement significant improvements to core systems and business processes in support of the company’s/divisions profit, growth, and customer satisfaction goals.
What you’ll do:
- Designing, implementing, unit, integration testing and supporting modules developed using Java EE/Spring, React, PL/SQL, and web services.
- Lead the review and analysis of business requirements to create technical specifications
- Lead and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Prepare and provide adequate (quality and quantity) documentation for work products.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve business process issues and identify business process improvement opportunities
- Responsibility for resolving all issues assigned in a timely manner
- Ownership for development of application architecture and delivery of technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Ensure that all applications conform to system and programming standards and are appropriately documented
- Perform support and maintenance tasks to address production issues reported by clients
- Manage formal and informal project communication amongst team and with other project participants using methods appropriate to audience and type of communication
- Evaluate developers following project completion identifying strengths and areas for development via a formal, written performance appraisal
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in software development. Web based application development experience is required.
- React, Bootstrap, CSS 3.0 experience is required
- In-depth knowledge of integration and web services technologies (HTTP, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- AWS experience is a plus
- Knowledge of tracking, monitoring, and logging systems (Splunk, Dynatrace, Datadog) is a plus
- People management experience is a plus
- Enterprise search platforms such as Apache Solr or Elastic Search
- Python experience is a plus
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- A proven track record of experience in leading the design and deployment of large-scale solutions.
- Experience in all phases of a systems development lifecycle
- Excellent software development and object-oriented design fundamentals with a strong background in architecting software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with other teams
Who you are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience’s
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly especially Python & Solr/Elastic Search
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:39918
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.