Director, QUADS - TalentNeuron
TalentNeuron is the world’s leading source of global labour market supply and demand data. Our clients are well-recognized, large global enterprises and our business is succeeding and growing quickly. TalentNeuron supports a range of strategic buyers and use cases covering talent planning, recruiting, location selection, and competitive intelligence. We gather talent supply-and-demand data from more than 65,000 global sources and have an archive of billions of global job ads.
About the Role:
TalentNeuron, a part of Gartner’s HR Research & Advisory practice, is searching for a talented Data Science leader to join our Bangalore office. This person will serve as one of our key anchors for existing and incoming talent. The role requires technical competence, mentoring and extensive collaboration with the global Product Management and Information Technology teams in a fast-paced, agile development environment. This is an excellent player-coach opportunity to lead and strengthen a growing team while working closely with colleagues spread across TalentNeuron offices in the US, UK, Canada and multiple locations in India.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of data researchers based out of Bangalore who are working on diverse and complex data challenges.
- Think with a platform mindset to build reusable data sources, analytical approaches and globally-applicable models.
- Be a champion for quality in all that we do; promote best-in-class quantitative methods and process documentation.
- Guide the training and development of your own direct reports as well as other junior Data Scientists across the TalentNeuron business.
- Inject the latest and most applicable technology, including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, into TalentNeuron solutions.
- Lead the recruiting and technical evaluation of future data research hires in the Bangalore office.
- Partner with Information Technology team to drive scalability and consistency in our data collection and transformation.
- Partner with Product Management and Customer Success teams to ensure data work is aligned with product plans and customer requirements.
- Work side-by-side with the team on structuring and executing daily work to meet regular commitments.
Here is a sample of some data science initiatives you or your team may work on:
- Estimation of salaries of job descriptions that do not contain a posted salary for any of thousands of occupations on every continent.
- Time series forecasts for labour supply having a specific hard or soft skill in a certain geographic area.
- Decision rules for determining whether two job ads posted on two different websites are the same or represent unique openings.
- Extraction of skills, duties, education level and other details from job descriptions written in French, Spanish, Chinese, Polish and other languages.
- Development and implementation of a model for estimating the supply of university graduates holding specific degrees.
- Creation of an algorithm for suggesting where an employer should post a job in order to get the best response from applicants.
- Development and implementation of a model for estimating the difficulty of filling a specific job role in a specific location.
What you’ll need:
- BS/MS/PhD degree in a quantitatively-oriented field such as Math, Operations Research, Physical Science, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering. MBAs who meet other requirements also encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in applied analytics, preferably in multiple different business contexts and/or multiple roles.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with semi-structured or unstructured text data. Experience working with text data in multiple languages preferred but not required.
- Ability to simplify complex projects by applying structured frameworks.
- Familiarity with a wide range of analytical techniques that span traditional statistics, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, with the ability to steer and influence the work of others.
- Ability to personally work in R or Python to conduct proof of concepts and review team members’ work.
- Desire and ability to develop and coach junior data scientists.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Who you are:
- A great structured thinker that can bring structure to any data science problem quickly.
- A creative problem solver able to design and deliver solutions that meet stakeholder needs while powering through many constraints and dependencies.
- A person with a high tolerance for managing in ambiguous situations.
- A player-coach that is aware of the larger data science landscape of tools and able to use many of them.
- An excellent communicator able to tailor communications to both a less technical or more technical audience so that both understand.
- A leader who leans in and partners across multiple stakeholders to build alliances and deliver valuable and usable data product.
- Someone who remains positive and optimistic when confronted with difficult challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance-based recognition and rewards.
Job Requisition ID:30135
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.