Digital Marketing Specialist - SEO
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Digital Marketing Specialist - SEO
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Gartner’s corporate marketing department is looking for a Specialist in Search Engine Optimization, the ideal candidate would be someone familiar with all elements of Search marketing at an operational level and now looking to add value through developing strategy and helping the business grow faster by ensuring flawless execution. This role will be responsible for managing all SEO activities such as content strategy, link building and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks.
What you will do:
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Work with content publishing team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on all pages.
- Conduct frequent SEO audits, compile and present SEO performance reports.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Review and analyze sites for areas that need to be improved or revised.
- Research and analyze competitor’s strategies.
- Identify the least expensive but most powerful and profitable keywords for CEB now Gartner products & services.
- Improve overall company's organic search results.
- Write effective headlines, body copy, and websites.
- Ensure websites are filled with optimal keywords.
- Place keywords appropriately in copy to gain most search engine traffic.
- Write effective call-to-action statements.
- Implement off-page SEO content strategies such as coding.
- Keep abreast of white hat and black hat tactics so as not to violate search engine guidelines.
- Strategize ways to improve and track site performance.
- Utilize basic programming and web design skills to enhance SEO.
- Create advanced SEO strategies.
- Evaluate product offering, traffic, landing page quality, content, design, security, demographics of prospective customers when determining keywords and campaigns.
- Analyze competitor websites for organic traffic insights & provide regular updates.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Prepare detailed strategy reports.
- Basic knowledge of paid search & ability to run pay-per-click campaigns.
What you’ll need:
- 3-4 years of digital marketing experience, with a significant part of that being hands-on experience with SEO.
- Hands-on knowledge and proven track record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint.
- "Best Practices" knowledge of Search Engine Marketing tactics and guidelines preferred.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Web Trends)
- Experience operating A/B testing on Ad copy & landing pages.
- Ability to analyze data through web analytics.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
- Exceptional written and spoken communication.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and propose innovative solutions.
Who you are:
- Experience working with globally distributed stakeholders.
- Ability to select keywords, write compelling ad copy and optimize campaigns to meet established ROI goals and conversion metrics.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:44849
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.