Communications Specialist - India
The Communications Specialist has responsibility for the planning and execution of content-driven initiatives to support the overall goal of driving paid Conference attendance growth through increased productivity of Worldwide Conference ticket sales team – CAS (Conference Attendance Specialists). This individual will work closely with and must be able to build strong, trust-based relationships with CAS and Conference marketing managers.
Specifically, this individual will support the delivery of content-driven tools, processes and programs that promote an activity-driven culture and a productive sales force, execute on the knowledge communications strategy within CAS and promote cross-functional collaboration between CAS and Conference Marketing. The CAS organization has more than 100 salespeople and accounts for more than $70M of paid attendance.
Content-driven tools, processes and programs -
- Implement strategies to improve CAS sales preparation and effectiveness towards the selling of a conference through advancements in tools, content, or activities (for example, conference specific collateral “conference in a box”)
- Increase CAS sales productivity through the refinement or elimination of non-revenue-generating sales activities across CAS sales managers and CAS sales; specifically, in the areas of standardization of sales collateral and communications
- Drive and monitor adoption of sales enablement materials, tools and processes
Knowledge communications -
- Prepare and deliver regular knowledge communications including, but not limited to, Monthly Status Reports, Newsletters, Conference Briefings, Conference Eagle pages and CAS intranet pages to ensure global consistency.
- Acts as a contributor in highlighting current strategies, best practices and previous results
Cross-functional collaboration -
- Facilitating the collaboration between Conference marketing managers and CAS sales teams to identify opportunities to work towards the achievement of the paid Conference attendance goals. Including but not limited to CAS event specific campaigns to drive meetings
Tools & Technology Support
- Provide first level technical support and troubleshooting for sales tools and technology
- Conduct regional sales technology and tool training; help drive sales adoption
- Apply and maintain conference website tags to ensure user activities are captured by lead scoring model
Impact of Role:
- Increase in Sales productivity and efficiencies as a result of sales enablement initiatives
- Direct contribution in creating bi-directional communications between Conference Marketing and Sales to foster a collaborative environment working to exceed our Conference paid attendance goals and Exhibit Sales Growth goals
Relationships (Internal/ External)
Interaction with the entire WW Conference organization (Conference Marketing, Conference Ops, Conference Attendee Specialists (CAS)), Corporate Marketing, IT and Research Sales (Gartner Sales Operation)
- BA or BS required, marketing or communication a plus
- 2+ years sales enablement, internal communications, marketing or sales
- 2+ years of successfully leveraging various communication channels (Intranet/Portal, email, mailing, face-to-face) in communicating with various business units – specifically a sales organization
- 2+ years execution and project management across multiple channels
- Experience in using a CMS and Digital Marketing a plus
- Strong project management experience
- Must have strong people/verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to research, analyze and consolidate complex content into cohesive, clear, straightforward messaging
- Ability to understand the effectiveness of initiatives and activities
- Innovative, creative, curious mindset; willing to learn about, experiment with and champion new media and channels
- Be able to Elicit feedback / conduct regional interviews with CAS in support of sales enablement initiatives
- Develop relationships with key regional stakeholders including sales leadership, marketing and conferences program management
- Attend regional sales meetings
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:41748
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.