Sr. Director Analyst
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
The successful candidate is an expert in data management with deep technical knowledge of data warehousing, data virtualization, data integration, data governance, or operational databases. The role is responsible for creating thought leading data management research for our Gartner for Technical Professional clients through published research, conversations with client (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have knowledge of how data management technologies are architected and a vision for how they will evolve worldwide and at a regional level.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply. You will do the following key activities:
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know relevant technologies, architecture, markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner for Technical Professional analysts have many years of technical experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise in data warehousing, data virtualization, data integration, data governance or operational databases, with the ability to demonstrate deep technical depth and understanding of the business applications and opportunities in that market. Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between incumbents, emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers
- Strong understanding of batch and replication techniques and technologies.
- Strong understanding of streaming integration patterns for high-velocity use cases such as real-time ingestion, microservices or messaging architectures.
- Knowledge of cloud-based integration services and stand-alone iPaaS solutions.
- Knowledge of modern data integration pipeline techniques and technologies.
- Knowledge of data lake and data virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of metadata management, business glossary and data dictionary concepts
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a research or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job Requisition ID:30203
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.