Sr Director Analyst - Healthcare
Gartner is recruiting for a candidate with deep experience in issues impacting the healthcare industry (life science, health systems (hospital, IDN, Managed Care), and government health payers) and the use of technologies in addressing them. The successful candidate will become a leading industry advisor in how IT creates value in its enablement of healthcare, how to achieve the clinical and business objectives of a typical Healthcare organization by leveraging technology, and what technology vendors should be considered for those initiatives. This candidate will advise healthcare industry CIOs and other IT executives and their staffs.
As a Sr. Director Analyst, the candidate will collaborate with other team members to identify research topics of most importance to our large clientele of healthcare IT leaders in various regions of the world. The selected candidate will advise Gartner clients on a wide variety of issues including technology strategy for achieving major healthcare objectives, architecture of solutions for those objectives, applications integrating clinical and business processes, and emerging innovations in related healthcare technologies.
This individual must be deeply familiar with the drivers, challenges, processes, and technologies related to the engagement between healthcare constituents: providers, payers (public and private), life sciences organizations, and consumers/patients. The individual must also be knowledgeable about major foundational technologies common to a healthcare organizations, emerging issues and needs in the management of the business under new value-based models of payment and connecting the value of IT to health outcomes. Experience as a CIO, CDO, or Enterprise Architect of a healthcare organization would be a plus.
The analyst will have the ability to address management and political challenges within Healthcare and have strong technical knowledge and skills relative to native technologies and applications. The candidate must be willing to travel and address client inquiries in many countries and across many time zones. This Sr. Director Analyst position includes the following specific tasks:
- Advise clients, in multiple time zones and countries, in how to solve healthcare issues at the intersection of business and IT.
- Develop research plans based on capturing client needs of today and the future.
- Prepare thought-leading, actionable written research, working in a peer review structure.
- Speak at Gartner or other conferences as a subject-matter expert.
- Demonstrate sophisticated skill at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data.
- Arrange and attend vendor briefings, vendor events, client meetings or exhibitions as required to further Gartner’s research positions.
- Assist and collaborate other parts of Gartner when required such as for sales support; support to Gartner’s separate consulting division, and other research teams.
Coverage could include but is not limited to:
- Healthcare models, trends, issues in the Asia Pacific Region including government health programs and initiatives and their implications.
- Critical care delivery technologies including clinical platform technology (EHR), virtual care, and related ecosystem technologies vital to healthcare provider organizations
- Digital and IT strategies to address healthcare industry issues and opportunities that create value (improve health, lower health costs, improve consumer experience)
- IT Strategy to address mission critical priorities of healthcare organizations, next generation industry issues, and the implications of industry forces and trends.
- CIO strategies for optimizing use of technology to operate, achieve its objectives, and confront changes occurring in the industry. Includes technology enabled strategies to achieve alignment with clinical and business capabilities needed
- Horizontal healthcare issues and technology solutions, business and technology implications, and key technology enabled capabilities including healthcare data and analytics, population health management, consumer engagement, payer/provider convergence, and other industry challenges.
- Strategic Implications of innovations in technology such as IoT, cloud, mobile, advanced analytics, and social on healthcare organizations.
- 10+ years experience in the Healthcare industry: Health systems, Healthcare payers, life sciences.
- At least 5 years of relevant IT experience on strategic technology and/or business challenges leveraging technology.
- Experience with health models and technology issues of the APAC region (including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, India, China, Japan) while context of other regions.
- Excellent understanding of information technology in healthcare organizations, especially healthcare providers, its architecture, and connecting the value of IT to healthcare objectives.
- Understanding of the major forces impacting healthcare and how technology can be applied to create value for the health outcomes, quality, cost, and patient experience.
- Knowledge of the vendors of clinical platforms solutions.
- Experience in the use and application of advanced analytics in healthcare.
- Excellent analyst role skills: analytical, writing skills, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- ANZ location preferred.
Job Requisition ID:29942
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.