Marketing Director, Lead Generation -Conference Marketing
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,000 distinct organizations.
Gartner Events feature the world's most exclusive gatherings of senior IT and business strategists and attract more than 50,000 executives, 7,000 CIOs and 1,100 industry-leading technology providers. As the leading provider of events for IT professionals, we produce an annual slate of over 75 conferences throughout the US, EMEA, Latin America and APAC
Role Purpose: The Director will lead a team of a Marketing Manager and Marketing Specialist to develop and execute comprehensive, integrated B2B demand generation campaigns and client/prospect communication plans to support the high-level growth of Gartner conferences.
He/she will lead the strategic development and implementation of all related marketing efforts, execution of tactical plans, optimize the use of technology for marketing effectiveness, analyze, track and report results. In addition, a requirement of the role is to ensure marketing budgets are met and to design cost effective campaigns that meet KPIs and deliver results.
The successful candidate is a change agent, who is a highly-innovative marketing leader who will make a major impact to the business through “best in class” marketing practices, talent development and inspiring leadership and collaboration. He/she must be a strategic and tactical metrics-driven marketing leader who has expertise in: prospect targeting and segmentation, marketing automation and integration strategy and execution, lead scoring and categorization, marketing funnels and customer journey models, content and messaging development, database marketing experience working closely with all internal and external stakeholders at a senior level to drive results.
They must have the marketing expertise, drive and determination to work autonomously and drive outstanding results to drive the wider marketing programmes. This role is an opportunity to make a mark on the business; and is for someone who wants to put their stamp on its future. This is an opportunity filled with challenges, great rewards and benefits for the right executive.
- Lead a team responsible for building, executing and continual optimizing campaigns to support the high-level volume and revenue growth requirements of the conference marketing team
- Identify, proactively prospect and nurture new business prospects with a high propensity to convert to a conference attendee and Gartner research clientBuild and execute client communications campaigns to drive awareness of, and engagement with, the conferences portfolio amongst Gartner clients
- Build and lead a small but agile and highly productive and engaged team, nurturing and developing talent through strong and actively engaged leadership within a culture focused on results, accountability, relevance, innovation and speed to market.
- Partner with the Conference Marketing Regional Leadership to understand their goals and build strategies to support them.
- Develop high level partnerships with key internal stakeholders including program, CAS, database, corporate marketing, and digital marketing teams
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the company’s markets, products and services for optimal business success
- Employ customer focused techniques to underpin all strategies and activities
- Identify critical channel and conversion KPIs to track performance and provide regular reporting to key stakeholders
- Ensure budgets are met. Design cost effective campaigns that push the status quo and deliver increased ROI.
- Support the MVP of Global Marketing in creating a winning culture and team and delivering on targets.
- Ideal candidate will thrive in a fast moving environment, desire accountability, be courageous, and drive results with a focus on impacting the market. They must be a true team player within marketing, within Events, and to key company partners.
Job Requirements -
- 8+ years of successful digital and multi-channel marketing leadership experience, with a background in consumer and/or business-to-business marketing.
- Proven track record of leading teams, exceeding KPIs and delivering consistent revenue and customer growth through an always-on marketing approach.
- Expert in digital marketing channels with a focus on content marketing, social, search and marketing analytics
- Proven success implementing cutting-edge marketing practices with a customer-focused approach.
- Strong background in database marketing and marketing automation.
- Event marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with sales teams and leadership to develop integrated plans.
- Highly analytical, data-driven marketing expertise.
- Strong financial acumen and expertise creating marketing budgets and managing costs within budget.
- Superior written/oral communication skills and the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability/willingness to travel frequently
- BA/BS degree required; MBA is a plus
Job Requisition ID:41638
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.