Accounts Payable Specialist
Manages a variety of systems and processes, in support of Gartner associates and initiatives worldwide. Administers all steps leading up to timely and accurate Global PO and AP, including vendor set up/maintenance/review, invoice entry, Paybox oversight, centralization of invoices, reporting, tax assessment if appropriate, PO requisitioning, matching, and approvals.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Responsible for Global AP vendor creation/maintenance, including KYV (Know your Vendor and compliance/risk), tax review/assessments, and invoice processing. Validate invoices through Oracle AP, matching against Purchase Orders, ensuring appropriate support is loaded into Oracle. Provide daily support to associates and vendors. Review vendor Master File for accuracy.
- E-Invoicing tool for both vendor and vendor invoicing.
- Work to centralize both vendor and invoicing into SSC (Shared Service Center).
Impact of Role: Expected Results
- Global timeliness and accuracy of vendor creation, vendor/employee/candidate reimbursements and tax treatment of same. Understanding and knowledge of process, rules and impact of responsibilities to the organization is expected
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with both enterprise wide associates and external vendors;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Gartner global associates that process invoices, external vendors, global finance teams.
Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
2-4 years of experience working in a Global PO and APs, accounting or similar business function. Familiarity with basic accounting procedures or ERP systems. Knowledge of and experience with industry-standard Procure to Pay best practices.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Oracle system knowledge a plus; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization; Effective listening skills; Excellent customer service skills; Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner; Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment; Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines; Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Attention to detail; Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment; Strong interpersonal skills; Strong team player; Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships.
Job Requisition ID:36554
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.