Sr DevOps Engineer
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
We’re looking for an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer to join a continuous delivery team who manages production and pre-production environments. This engineer should have a strong background in AWS, a passion for CI/CD principles, and knowledge of container orchestration and cloud network technologies. Additionally, the Sr. DevOps Engineer will mentor other engineers and work in a highly collaborative environment.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ Years of experience within the Software Development Life Cycle
- 2+ Years of experience working in AWS technologies (EC2 and others)
- Very comfortable managing Kubernetes, Openshift, or EKS deployments
- Experience in configuring VLANs using VPCs , ALBs, NLBs, etc.
- Experience with Terraform or similar tools (like CloudFormation)
- Proficiency in Jenkins or similar continuous integration tools
- Skilled in Git, and scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Groovy
- Experience and desire to mentor other engineers
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the engineering team in architecting solutions that leverage AWS services, adhering to industry best-practices and advising on operations and security concerns.
- Ensure continued operation of CI/CD systems, and work with the engineering team on efficiency and performance improvements.
- Oversee integrations across a variety of tools such as Jira, Jenkins, and Git.
- Ensure CI software and systems meet industry-standard requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Mentor engineers in best-practices of operations and monitoring, deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs.
- Document and communicate all concepts and guidelines around deployment systems to the engineering team, and provide guidance & technical assistance as needed.
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:39199
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.