Software Engineer (Back End)
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to create and deliver outstanding experiences for users and help implement improvements to our API architecture and codebase.
What You’ll Need:
- 2-4 years working within the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strengths in back-end development and API principles
- Strong experience in at least one of the following back-end languages: PHP, Python, Go
- Experience in back end frameworks such as Laravel (PHP) or Django/Flask (Python)
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies
- Experience integrating with modern front-end frameworks is a plus
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
What You’ll Do:
- Support existing and new PHP applications while using other languages and technologies as needed
- Deliver outstanding user experiences across multiple form factors with attention to functionality and reliability
- Troubleshoot and optimize back-end application performance
- Implement improvements to back-end code base and architecture
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:37938
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.