Senior Manager, Public Relations & Social Media
Gartner Digital Markets is a rapidly growing business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
The Senior Manager, Public Relations (PR) for Gartner Digital Markets will play a key role in developing the PR & social strategies designed to drive performance for Capterra, Software Advice and GetApp. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast-growing business unit utilizing a proactive, data-driven approach.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of media and social relations campaigns and activities that deliver against brand marketing goals and meet or exceed key performance indicators. The Senior Manager will partner with many internal stakeholders including content marketing, vendor marketing, reviews team, creative team and others to plan all PR & social related campaigns and prioritize based on goals, performance, budget, and priorities.
The Senior Manager will manage day\-to\-day press relations with traditional and non\-traditional media, write press materials, manage high level press interviews, build and manage media lists and develop relationships with key reporters. The Senior Manager will also manage speaking requests and write (e.g., speeches/talking points, press releases, fact sheets etc.). Additionally, this role will participate in the creation of social media strategies, and oversee strategic engagement with influencers to enhance brand goals and launch successful activations that drive performance within digital and social channels.
What You Will do:
- Collaborate with the CMO and GMs to develop compelling narratives that reflect our brand positioning and advance key brand initiatives.
- Manage a team focused on executing against our plans
- Manage agency / freelance resources and oversee strategic initiatives related to digital and social strategy for the brands they support.
- Strategically cultivate and maintain positive relationships with local and national media representatives, news outlets, and other external audience groups and work to promote news coverage and stories in all mediums (digital, print, radio, social).
- Plan, prepare and relay material & information concerning the organization to media - driving awareness and understanding of our products and our value proposition(s).
- Manage relationships and outreach with key client PR colleagues, industry associations and annual events.
- Oversee influencer strategy and leverage best practices across the team.
- Monitor and report out on industry best practices and competitive/landscape trends
- Execute on reputation management efforts on behalf of brands when necessary and fully coordinate with corporate communication crisis management teams.
- Partner with Analytics team on managing digital dashboard, KPI definition and alignment, and regularly report out performance and learnings to key stakeholders and executive team
What You Will Need:
- 10+ years’ experience running successful public relations and social media campaigns on both small and large scales demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Ability to think big and successfully propose/execute on innovative strategies to maximize reach and engagement.
- Proven track record in pitching and placing stories, excellent writing skills, and the ability to quickly prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Proven skill in working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., brand marketing, digital, global marketing, international) in support of specific business priorities
- Deep understanding of how social content functions on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and LinkedIn, and how to optimize this content to generate the best results.
- Demonstrated experience with social media influencer programs
- Solid understanding of digital marketing trends, industry best practices and mobile platforms, devices
- Knowledge and passion for tech industry strongly encouraged
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:31362
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.