Office Coordinator - Software Advice
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
The Office Coordinator will lend dedicated daily support to the administrative needs of our executive GM. The Office Coordinator will also partner with the Office Manager in providing all company associates with a superior work environment and efficient administrative services by taking effective ownership of various daily tasks such as oversight of general work area maintenance, greeting all visitors and candidates, planning and execution of internal and external company events, order and inventory of office supplies, etc. The Office Coordinator will also look for new ways to streamline and improve existing process and practices employed in the day-to-day function of the office.
What You Will do:
- Office Perks. Work with vendors to help plan and execute associate-focused/team-building events within the all-company budget. Research fun new company perk options. OM will manage the budget and approve large events.
- Welcome wagon. Point person for out-of-town visitors (calendaring, restaurant reservations, securing conference space, etc.). Work with OM and Recruiters to set candidates up for interviews. Make new hires feel immediately at home on their first day.
- Administrative support. Provide support to GM Blake Clarke including calendaring, travel arrangements, expense report assistance, and arranging details for any team outings he’s leading.
- New hire set up. Set up work stations for new hires, order mug, and send out welcome email for their first day. Also break down work stations and process equipment return after associate departures.
- In-office events/Off-campus events. Schedule and orchestrate meetings, catering, Gartner/client visits and make sure everything goes smoothly. Schedule and orchestrate all-company parties/happy hours, as well as volunteering efforts. The OM will be the point person for budget approvals and questions, will work closely on this together.
- Grocery shopping. Keep kitchen stocked with all of our staples by overseeing daily grocery inventory, orders, and deliveries via our online portal. Track all expenses. OM to manage budget.
- Office Supplies. Maintain accurate tracking of all office supplies, including conference room basics, printer paper/toner as well as the loaning and retrieval of company equipment to associates working abroad. Order replacement supplies proactively so that the office stays well-stocked and never out of our basic necessities.
- Office maintenance. Do the dishes, clean the kitchen and keep it stocked, tidy conference rooms and general office area throughout the day, make sure everything is neat and orderly and that office equipment is working properly. Partner regularly with our property managers to ensure that the maintenance team is made aware of any issues that need repair. We want everyone who walks into our office to be wowed by how immaculate and wonderful it is.
- Timesheet and Expense Report. Track your hours, fill out a weekly online timesheet. Submit detailed monthly expense report to Gartner.
What You Will Need:
- Detail oriented. Should utterly despise cluttered spaces, outdated spreadsheets, and general disorder.
- Tech Savvy. The OC will be the point person for a lot of tech-related inquiries. Although we have on-site IT support and Help Desk resources, the OC should be comfortable troubleshooting common hardware issues and have a whip-smart familiarity with the features and functions of Google Apps and Microsoft Outlook applications.
- Organized and efficient. Checklists, calendar notes, follow-up, and reminders should be embedded in their DNA. They should crave the harmony that comes with everything running smoothly as planned.
- Roll up the sleeves attitude. Understands that the office moves at a quick pace and has shifting needs each day. Diva moments aren’t cute, should bring a Jack of All Trades openness to the table every day. This person is here to set the office up for success every day.
- Enthusiastic and approachable. Wallflowers and introverts aren’t going to be able to keep up or tap into the pulse of our culture. We need someone who can vibe with anyone, and projects an engaging, confident energy.
- Ridiculously proactive/intuitive. Thinks ahead and plans for things most other people don’t think about, actively looks for ways to make things better. Doesn’t wait for problems to pop up, takes an aggressive approach in spotting issues and creating solutions.
- Candidates with a background in the service industry may be especially well-suited, as this position requires an engaging personality and a fearless approach to solving problems on the fly. This is not an traditional Exec Admin position so candidates coming from a typical business professional background should expect a regular amount of physical activity in the day to day.
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:31759
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.