Title: Communications Intern - Austin, TX
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for an intern to join our Communications team in Summer 2020. As an intern, you will be given the opportunity to support a broad range of activities across the communications program, which encompasses public relations, internal communications and social. The ideal candidate must have a passion for building relationships with key media and social influencers, ability to communicate effectively with internal and external audiences, and a strong desire to learn about the latest trends in software development and technology.
What You Will Do:
- Develop communication materials to drive brand awareness internally and externally, and to ensure the company maintains a favorable position in the market
- Collaborate with other teams across marketing to help develop effective communications strategy for key company initiatives
- Monitor industry trends to help create proactive campaigns and media pitches
- Manage baseline activities including coverage monitoring and awards programs
- Support presentation development for monthly and quarterly company meetings
- Manage process for tracking comms team performance against annual goals
- Leverage SharePoint and other collaboration tools to build templates and processes designed to help comms program run more efficiently
What You Will Need:
- General knowledge of the company’s business objectives and operations
- Intermediate time management, communications, decision-making, human relations, presentation/presentation development and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas in a clear manner so others will understand
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and AP writing style
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:40579
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.