Back End Software Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
Watch this video to learn about who we are at Gartner Digital Markets!
Learn more about our locations, leadership and teams at https://jobs.gartner.com/digital-markets.
We’re looking for mid level Software Engineer to create and deliver outstanding experiences for users and help implement improvements to our API architecture and codebase using Go and PHP. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to learn or work with Go and build processes for moving data around.
What You’ll Need:
- Mid level proficiency in back end software development (preference for backgrounds in Go, PHP, Python, or C#)
- Experience in any modern back end frameworks
- Adept at Git
- Willing and excited to learn and work with new technologies/languages
- Knowledge of SQL and experience developing APIs is a plus
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize cutting edge technologies to develop and support back end solutions and APIs which deliver outstanding user experiences across multiple form factors with attention to functionality and reliability
- Learn technologies and languages on the job (including Go and PHP, if you haven’t used)
- Troubleshoot and optimize back-end application performance
- Work closely with data and have opportunities to influence data retrieval, transformation, and enrichment
- Collaborate with peers and other teams
Who You Are:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually
Who We Are:
Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, & 2021
Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020, & 2021
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 20+ PTO days plus holidays and floating holidays in your first year
- 401k with corporate match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition reimbursement, charity match, and wellness and fitness allowance programs
- A collaborative and positive culture – Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- A chance to make an impact – Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
- An inclusive and diverse company culture – We work with and celebrate talented employees from every walk of life and offer Employee Resource Groups (Women, Mosaic, Pride, Veterans) to learn from each other’s different backgrounds
Gartner is committed to diversity, inclusion and engagement across all aspects of our business. We foster an environment of exceptional professional development to ensure each of us can reach our full potential. This includes embracing diversity and actively removing barriers to support inclusion, engagement and growth at Gartner. Learn more at https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion.
#DigitalMarketsJob Requisition ID:54063
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.