Associate Director State & Local Government Consulting
Position Accountabilities and Specific Duties
As a Gartner Associate Director working at the highest senior levels within our clients’ organizations you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering real business value. You will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and defining their Go-to-Market Digital Application strategies.
As an Associate Director, you will:
- Manage all components of medium-sized engagement proposals including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Draft key sections of large-sized engagement proposals especially approach and methodology.
- Manage and lead project tasks. Supervise and mentor all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your project or any sub-contracted personnel assigned to the engagement.
- Identify, develop and document observations and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
- Assist with the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
- Assist in coordinating and communicating the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders.
- Maintain a senior-level expertise and currency in industry-leading information management technologies.
- Participate in the drafting of engagement reports and presenting drafts to your manager for review and approval.
- Help to build and maintain client relationships.
- Contribute to the development of project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies
Requirements / Ideal Experience
At Gartner Consulting we are looking for enthusiastic, committed consulting professionals who are able to work both independently and as part of a matrix environment / team. You will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree with an MBA from a top program, preferred. Candidates should have a minimum seven years demonstrable experience at a senior level in either an application development or solution architecture environment.
You will be expected to demonstrate consulting experience ideally achieved within an established business and/or IT consulting firm, as well as present outstanding leadership capabilities and excellent verbal and written communications.
In addition you will have a proven knowledge of, and/or proven hands-on experience in:
- Working with leading-edge technologies that drive business / government mission critical priorities.
- IT strategy consulting experience with a well-regarded firm.
- Strong IT project management skills
- Strong technical capabilities, coupled with the ability to clearly communicate the business value and bottom-line impacts of technology decisions to a non-technical audience
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail, ability to prioritize and leverage a team.
- Experience working with state and local government clients required
- Location will be Austin, TX
- Travel to client sites required (on average 50% travel is required).
Job Requisition ID:32932
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.