VP, Financial Services Advisory Practice
Why Should I Be Interested?
- Direct and frequent interaction with C-level executives in financial services, influencing decisions on their mission critical priorities
- Unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity by collaborating with internal teams to influence research agendas
- Work in an environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity, where senior leadership encourages staff to give back and make an impact on the communities in which we live and work
The Vice President, Advisory works almost continuously with C-level executives and other senior executives to foster deep, broad relationships, applying and packaging our resources to meet their challenges. The Vice President also senses patterns among customer needs to drive the research team’s agenda and event calendar. They will own delivery of live and virtual events, by facilitating multi-client discussions to surface shared insights and by presenting Gartner content produced in partnership with the research team. Additionally, the Vice President is responsible for supporting commercial meetings in conjunction with revenue partners as well as contract renewals for the programs they support.
- Applies expansive knowledge of Gartner research across multiple terrain areas to help resolve high-value business problems for financial services clients in business leader roles
- Leads multi-client forums, creating scripts and discussion plans for events
- Assumes a leadership role in defining the research agenda
- Actively shapes the direction of ongoing research
- Participates in and provides feedback during research team meetings and other stages of the strategic research process
- Supports revenue functions to diagnose issues and deliver insight and value “in the moment”
- Coaches a team of Executive Advisors and Researchers and provides direction on standards for world-class service and positive commercial outcomes, career and performance management, and coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness and ability to travel 25-40%
- 7+ years in experience in advising and presenting to very senior business executives in multi-client and one-on-one settings
- Ability to highly engage senior-level executives by building relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources
- Proficient in distilling data or information to identify key findings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Graduate degree
- 7+ years in at least one financial services segment (e.g. retail banking, commercial banking, insurance, or wealth management)
- Experience delivering content to large audiences of business executives
- Excellent collaboration and people skills
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed environment
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Strong communication skills and a high level of executive presence
Job Requisition ID:31117
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.