Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
The Brand Marketing Team is seeking a talented full-time Video Editor to join its growing team of creatives. The ideal candidate should be a creative, passionate and motivated professional. The Video Editor will do more than edit, you will help the team conceive of innovative storytelling approaches for our brands. You should be comfortable working on projects ranging from quick-cutting, graphics-driven, short and mid-form episodic to socially-focus videos. You’ll act as a liaison between the Brand team and other teams, helping designs further establish our brand identity and presence in the market.
What You Will do:
- Provide video production support for a range of multimedia requests by shooting and editing digital video
- Set up on-location video productions including proper lighting and sound design
- Create rough and final cuts: video editing, trim footage segments, assemble sequence of film, selecting and editing to music, dialogues, VO recordings
- Apply thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity to editing
- Apply typography treatments and motion graphics design/development
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorm creative approaches for clients
- Participate in stakeholder discussions about format, delivery specifications and technical problem-solving
- Provide post-production knowledge of exporting, transcoding, converting and archiving footage
- Work collaboratively with other talented designers and copywriters and brand managers
- Maintain a high attention to detail with a sensitivity to messaging and branding
- Help manage publishing process to ensure video content is optimized across multiple platforms
- Bring creativity, problem solving and great communication skills to manage multiple projects
What You Will Need:
- An online portfolio of great work
- Bachelor’s Degree in film, production or related field
- 3+ years of full‐time experience shooting and editing video
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC
- Experience using DSLR cameras with interchangeable lenses, transcoding codecs, shooting and lighting
- A keen eye for motion graphic design and a strong visual sensibility
- Experience in animation, 3D graphics a plus
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:28786
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.