Sr Principal, Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide with the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives.
Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands commitment — and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
As an advisor, you will bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world class clients. It's the job of an advisor to increase client engagement and ensure each client is applying Gartner's resources to their work. An advisor will ask insightful questions to diagnose the causes of client challenges and recommend the best course of action. The advisor might also suggest a different approach or talk the client through a best practice from a different industry that could work within their business context.
The advisor interfaces with senior IT executives to foster deep, broad relationships. In addition to applying and packaging Gartner resources to meet client challenges, an advisor senses patterns among client needs to guide the research agenda and event calendar. As an advisor, you will also support revenue partners in commercial engagements.
- Engage senior-level IT executives by building relationships, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources
- Deliver Must-Have Research through 1:1 interactions, workshops, small group forums, and large stage presentations.
- Shape the direction of ongoing research and product creation in our Analysis and Evaluation and Peer and Practitioner areas; participate in and provide feedback during checkpoint meetings and other stages of the strategic research process
- Support Sales and Service Delivery partners to increase account growth, retention and engagement
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years in related field or industry
- Knowledge or interest in the IT leaders context - either through experience as a practitioner or exposure as a consultant, or something similar
- Excellent collaboration and people skills
- Proficient in distilling data or information to identify key findings
- Strong communication skills and a high level of executive presence
- Presentation or Public Speaking experience
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to engage senior-level executives by building relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources
- Willingness and ability to travel (20-40%)
Job Requisition ID:45641
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.