Sr. Director, Digital Customer Service Analyst
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role
Analysts create must-have insights for our clients through published research and client interaction. You will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction you will help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance.
Customer Service & Support Leaders find themselves in the challenging position of maintaining or reducing cost while improving the service experience, and technology is integral to their ability to succeed. The Analyst creates insight and shares guidance on the application of digital and self-service capabilities through written content and live interactions with our most senior service and support clients.
What you’ll do
- Research and represent thought leadership and advise Customer Service & Support Leaders on best practices in Digital and Self-Service Customer Service
- Serve as an authority on digital customer service, including customer self-service, service automation, digital assisted service, journey analytics, digital adoption, building digital solution roadmaps, deployment of digital solutions
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients to Senior Customer Service and Support Leaders, Heads of Customer Operations and Leaders of Customer Service
- Develop and extend advice and frameworks through written research
- Create materials for and deliver both video-based and face-to-face presentations and discussions with clients
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas
What you’ll need
- 12+ years of experience in an editorial, writing or research role
- Subject matter expertise in Digital and Self-Service Customer Service with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities in that market. Knowledge of the global landscape, and the interplay between incumbents, emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Who you are
- To succeed in this role, it helps if you are obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees.
- Excellent collaborator with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust
- Confident presenter with a high level of executive presence (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus)
- Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations
- Willing to challenge conventional norms and views
- Team-oriented and effective at collaborating with colleagues
- Driven to continually learn and apply your knowledge both internally and with clients
What we offer
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.