Sr Director Consulting, State and Local Government
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their IT I&O strategies.
As a Senior Director, you will:
- Play a significant role in Consulting sales pursuits, developing project approaches, writing and refining proposals and engaging with potential clients to close deals under the leadership of our Managing Partners
- Lead and actively participate in the delivery of client engagements including;
- Manage the execution of projects and lead project teams
- Conduct interviews and manage interactions with client personnel from technical experts through board-level client management and key senior stakeholders
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses, properly leverage Gartner Research, develop defensible conclusions and create clear written client deliverables appropriate to the specific consulting engagement
- Manage the delivery of engagement results in written reports and oral presentations to senior client management and key senior stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other Gartner associates at multiple levels
- Contribute actively to our communities and mentor others
- Create, maintain, and innovate Gartner Consulting I&O Points of View, templates, tools, delivery methodologies and other IP
- Present a board-level professional image in conduct and attitude
- Manage to your key performance indicators (KPI) targets such as utilization target, sales revenue, or managed review targets.
The successful candidate will be expected to bring prior expertise, experience, and knowledge relevant to several of the following subject areas in either I&O or applications:
- Strategies to modernize IT Infrastructure & Operations (people / process / technology)
- Experience with one or more of the emerging technologies in data center modernization and cloud computing. Examples include: Software Defined Networking (SDN), Cloud Migration, Cloud Service Brokering, Hybrid Computing, Web-scale computing, HPC, Big Data.
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis to select strategic alternatives for on-prem/colocation, cloud, or hybrid computing models, taking into account risks, benefits, transition cost, operating costs, and other business decision factors.
- Planning, executing, or oversight of data center and cloud migration, transformation, or consolidation projects
- Enterprise architecture and cloud computing
- Application rationalization and performance management
- Large scale applications architecture / modernization
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm
- Completed university level education with an outstanding and consistent academic record
- Significant IT industry understanding, especially as related to the subject areas listed above
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and IT planning and management frameworks
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience, including the management of other consultants
- Proven track record of holding and achieving sales targets
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
After an initial assessment by our recruiting partner, there will be two to three interviews with the senior stakeholders for this role; either face-to-face or, if not possible, by video conference or telephone call.
The final stage of the selection process is a live panel interview with a case study presentation at a Gartner office.
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clearly defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
To inquire about this role,
Carrie Wilcox, Senior Recruiter
203 316 6363
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
Why clients choose Gartner Consulting
Today’s businesses and organizations are facing unprecedented digital change and disruption. Organizations can navigate this world on their own but with the pace of change always accelerating, it helps to have an expert partner.
We offer world-class operational evaluation and improvement methodologies to free up capital that enables investment in new digital opportunities. This bimodal approach is useful and attractive to clients in all sectors. Our programs provide world-leading expertise in meeting key challenges with:
- Security and risk management
- In-depth digital analytics
- Agile working methodologies
- Interrogative review of applications and infrastructure
- First-class sourcing and pricing strategies
In addition, Gartner methodologies span the entire decision cycle from strategy
and development to sales measurement and market success, and include:
- Magic Quadrants
- Strength, weakness, opportunity and threat analyses (SWOTs)
- Vendor Ratings
- Market Forecasts
- Market Analysis
Job Requisition ID:30717
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.