Senior Software Engineer
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
In our Capterra office in Arlington, we’re looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer with a background in developing interactive and customer-facing software. The ideal candidate has a passion for coding, bringing new software to market, and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology. You must be excited to find creative solutions to interesting coding challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Timely development of targeted & well-scoped product features/changes, typically small to medium in size
- Gain product knowledge by successfully developing features/changes for each main component of the product
- Gain exposure to technical design process
- Review code, offering valuable, actionable comments/feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience with object-oriented software development
- Full stack abilities (we use Ruby on Rails in the back end)
Nice To Have:
- Experience working in startup environments
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum
- Client MVC frameworks (Ember.js or Backbone.js)
- Including client & server-side templating (haml, Handelbars), CSS abstractions (less)
- Large-scale consumer website experience
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:37155
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.