Senior Manager, Vendor Marketing, Content Development
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
The Senior Manager of Content, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, will lead our content development and distribution strategy, along with audience development to increase engagement, grow brand awareness and strengthen affinity across all platforms. The ideal candidate will be a strategic and analytical B2B content expert with a proven track record of driving performance and inspiring brand affinity.
The Senior Manager of Content serves as the lynchpin for operationalizing this strategy, leading a team of content developers. This individual deeply understands how content ecosystems can create true differentiation for the brand, drive business results, and be adopted by our clients as must-have resources in our market. Passion, and an uncompromising appreciation for quality, must be balanced by a keen ability to meet deadlines and be adaptive to change
This individual will help develop digital ecosystems that produce measurable and optimizable outcomes by leveraging storytelling attributes of content to deepen relationships with customers throughout the buying funnel.
What You Will do:
- Lead a team responsible for the development of compelling, well-researched content across multiple platforms that effectively communicates the Digital Markets’ value proposition, and drives leads and conversion of prospects to customers.
- Work with programmatic and account-based marketing, as well as the other content teams to identify and fulfill content needs for all phases of a prospect and customer’s journey and campaign lifecycle
- Develop our voice and craft interesting, well-researched content to drive traffic, engage and convert target customers, and improve shared content across social media channels
- Develop content to accelerate our sales cycle and drive nurture programs, including website copy, landing page development, email campaign content, case studies, webinars, sales playbooks, white papers, and other lead magnets
- Edit and review content for messaging, style guidelines, brand consistency, and voice; provide education and guidance to ensure high quality for all content
- Develop and maintain editorial calendars and content project plans
- Manage website content and our internal content library, completing regular content and performance audits and updating as needed
- Manage direct reports, and work with cross-functional resources from other content and design teams, as well as our best-in-class SEO team.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or equivalent a plus. Major in marketing, journalism, business, or related field.
- 7-10+ years of experience in a content role
- 2-5+ years leadership experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with a strong command of the English language
- Creative thinker with strong execution and organizational skills
- Understanding of new media content channels and experience with multimedia storytelling
- An understanding of SEO and how to optimize content for target keywords.
- Experience with A/B testing and helping construct marketing campaigns.
- Experience creating video content, including writing scripts, storylines, and managing the production process, is a plus.
- Agency experience a plus
- Knowledge of the digital space and how it’s driving business and cultural changes
- Ability to adapt quickly, be flexible and able to handle ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- An eye for detail, great grammar, and proofreading skills
- A great attitude and sense of humor is a plus!
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:28790
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.