Senior Consultant, Security Clearance
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you? A career at Gartner will be unlike any other you’ve experienced. Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented and motivated consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll connect technology innovations and business best practices to the strategic requirements and commercial needs of the organization, all within the context of the rapidly evolving digital economy.
Senior Consultant, Security Clearance
(Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility REQUIRED)
As a result of our continued success, Gartner is currently in the process of expanding our high-performance consulting team. We are looking for a talented and experienced consultant in digital strategy. As one of our consultants you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting business-centric technology-driven engagements in the marketplace today.
About Gartner Consulting:
We develop sustained relationships with select clients by selling and delivering high impact engagements focused on our client’s most important IT-driven business initiatives, using both repeatable and custom solutions based on distinctive capabilities and a high degree of industry relevance in our top-talent engagement teams.
Gartner engagements are typically high-value, strategic engagements, ranging from 3 months or more and up to $1m+. Gartner is not transaction oriented; we concentrate on our overall relationship with a client, not selling a large transaction. Teams are formed from industry and solution experts, often, but not exclusively drawn from our North American consulting group. Team sizes are usually up to five consultants, and seldom over ten. Gartner consultants enjoy high visibility with clients, and internally. Growth opportunities are many. Please visit our website at www.gartner.com
Position Accountabilities and Specific Duties
As a Gartner Senior Consultant, working at the highest senior levels within our clients’ organizations you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering tangible business value.
As a Senior Consultant, you will:
- Assist in managing components of medium-sized engagement proposals.
- Help to develop strategic recommendations as well as tactical road maps of initiatives to achieve those recommendations. Work closely with client teams to provide direction and coaching in the execution of digital strategy, digital transformation and user-centric design.
- Identify, develop and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
- Coordinate and communicate the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to senior Gartner Consulting team members, client management and key stakeholders.
- Help to develop, build and maintain client relationships.
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital, project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies
Requirements / Ideal Experience
At Gartner Consulting we are looking for enthusiastic, committed consulting professionals who are able to work both independently and as part of a matrixed environment / team. Candidates should have a minimum five years demonstrable experience in the military, possibly coupled with a technical or business environment. You will ideally be able to demonstrate consulting experience achieved within an established business and/or IT consulting firm, as well as present outstanding leadership potential, illustrating proficiency in both verbal and written communications.
In addition you will have a proven knowledge of, and proven hands-on experience in:
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility REQUIRED.
- IT project management and proposal delivery in the aerospace & defense industry
- Military Academy education / active military experience.
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail, ability to prioritize and leverage a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Travel to client sites required.
- Location will be Arlington VA
What we offer:
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Job Requisition ID:40684
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.