Research Director and Team Manager, Marketing Practice
Research Director, Team Managers work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas. You will need to work with agility to respond to executive needs as they are uncovered and evolve, as well as partner with commercial and other team members to drive to joint success.
The Research Director will manage research for subscription-based membership targeting senior leaders in various industries that uncover best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities. This Research Director will also be managing a team of researchers where they will be defining research roadmaps, workplans, and making sure milestones of the projects are executed. The role will also require mentoring and development of entry- and mid-level staff.
As the lead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify their most pressing challenges
- Lead a Research team through a proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions
- Guide the process for eliciting the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies
- Present research findings to senior internal managers and member companies
- Directly lead, develop, coach and motivate members of the Research team
- Identify executive needs and develop research and products around them
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects
- Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables
- Manage multiple workstreams and projects, guiding researchers to build high-quality deliverables at each stage of the research process
- 5+ years of work experience leading projects all the way from vision to execution
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 5+ years of managing a high functioning team where there was constant coaching and development of team members
- 5+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least four years of experience managing projects
- Master's or PhD degrees
Job Requisition ID:36796
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.