About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
The Product Specialist position is a combination of market research, data collection/analysis, and writing. Your primary responsibility will be to help define, research, and maintain Gartner Digital Market’s product catalog and software categories. These categories serve as the foundation of our catalog. You will need to learn and comprehend the functionality of various software types, in order to identify and determine which category is the best fit for each software product. You may also need to communicate with software companies to provide insight regarding category placement. A complete and up-to-date product catalog is essential, which will require data collection, editing information submitted by vendors, and writing product descriptions that meet Gartner Digital Market’s guidelines.
What you will do:
- Meaningful Research
- Determine the “core, common, and optional” features for various software types
- Data collection using vendors’ websites to complete missing information
- Write detailed, unique product descriptions, target market copy, and pricing details for many software products
- Frequently work and collaborate with international and remote teams to update/maintain the catalog
- Opportunity to lead projects
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 year in a professional work environment (product/project experience preferred)
- Highly proficient with Web research and data gathering
- Strong data analysis skills
- Highly proficient in English with strong written communication skills
- Highly computer literate, especially with Google Sheets (preferred) or Excel
- Software experience ideal
- To be comfortable conducting in-depth research quickly on multiple software categories and gathering data from vendor websites.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized – you’ll be validating information submitted by vendors and team members.
- Have strong team collaboration skills – majority of the decision will be made as a group, so you’ll need to be able to work on a high performing team, speak up and share in the decision making process, and take ownership of your work.
- Be a great communicator – whether you’re working directly with a software company to update their information or discuss category placement, you should excel at communication in a persuasive and professional tone.
- A critical-thinker – you’ll be responsible for learning many processes, but it will be important to reflect and voice opinions on ways to improve.
- Outspoken and curious- you should not be afraid to speak up when potential improvements can be made.
- Able to embrace the “gray” – you’ll need to be open-minded and adaptable as processes change.
What we offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:29516
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.