Product Manager, Business Products, Arlington, VA
The Product Manager is a key member of the Business Products team responsible for delivering strategic products and services for CxOs and Business Leaders, with the ultimate goal of increasing our Research CV through the combination of improving growth and retention. He/she will leverage a combination of business development, strategy, operations, technology, user experience, and/or marketing expertise in order to define, develop, launch, manage, and improve our research products and services – constantly working closely with the Sales, Service, and Research & Advisory organizations to achieve these results.
The role has two primary objectives aimed at optimizing the retention and double-digit growth of the business:
- Leverage analytic insight and market research to identify opportunities for enhancement to the existing portfolio
- Conduct ad-hoc qualitative/qualitative analysis to aid business decision making
- Support sales in successfully selling products by identifying bright spots and challenges, and developing training, collateral, and growth programs both at product launch and beyond
- Identify barriers to retention and develop operational programs (e.g., with Service) or product changes to improve retention
- Understand and represent product economics (e.g., pricing, margins, entitlements and deliverables) of the portfolio and recommend changes to existing products, policies, and processes that improve overall performance and economics.
- Drive Market Research and Analysis to uncover unmet client needs to inform the product roadmap
- Identify and recommend product changes and additions that will significantly drive portfolio growth/retention
- Participate in or lead projects including business case development, product design/set-up, forecasting, pricing, client segmentation, sales/service training and launch/retirement efforts.
• Ability to analyze large datasets and translate raw information into actionable insights so that it can be easily understood and utilized by the organization; Excel knowledge required (Python a plus)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including PowerPoint presentation development and delivery
• Outstanding project management skills with an ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
• Strong attention to detail coupled with the ability to work in a matrix environment and manage project through influence/without direct control
• A bias for action, including balancing tradeoffs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
• 5 plus years of experience in a business environment – involving business analytics to solve challenging business problems, designing and conducting market research and project management
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Preference for analytical majors (e.g., Economic, Finance, Engineering). MBA a plus.
Job Requisition ID:29713
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.