Principal, Research - Human Resources Practice Area
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role
We are seeking a Research Principal in the Human Resources Practice to support the discovery of actionable business ideas related to the future of work that will influence critical talent outcomes and transform organizations. This role enables you to explore your intellectual curiosity in a collaborative, team-based environment. You’ll be offered robust training, support and coaching to achieve career success and advance within the Research organization. Gartner's research is often cited in major news outlets including Forbes, Harvard Business Review, The Washington Post, and The Economist, allowing our firm to extend our impact even further.
The Research Principal will support the HR Practice’s Future of Work key initiative, helping the world’s leading companies address critical issues facing HR executives on how work gets done, from specific forces influencing the future of work to how organizations should create a future of work strategy.
What you’ll do
- Engage executives from Fortune 500- and mid- size companies to identify their most pressing business challenges.
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Manage and execute key research deliverables related to the Future of Work, including but not limited to: large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, roundtable discussions, or custom, in-bound research requests.
- Serve as a thought partner to senior leadership and help shape the strategy of the team by identifying and driving innovations in line with the goals of the research team and Gartner.
- Conduct research interviews and meetings with HR executives, academics and industry experts, and use these interactions to drive research deliverables and inform research colleagues of key insights shaping the landscape.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Embrace and capitalize upon a highly collaborative approach to building great insights, working with talented colleagues to improve upon your ideas and theirs.
What you’ll need
- A Bachelor's degree required, and a Master’s in a social science preferred.
- 5+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings.
- Strong business acumen with a clear understanding of how business leaders strategic make decisions
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity in order to process and understand information quickly, as well as diagnose issues to make actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in a team.
- Experience converting qualitative and quantitative information into clear frameworks, narratives and visually compelling presentations.
Who you are
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess business problems and provide actionable, outcome-based insights.
- A great writer with experience publishing business related deliverables such as white papers, articles, etc.
- Excellent communicator and project manager who can disseminate complex data through relevant means.
- Enjoy working independently as well as part of a team.
- Curious and enthusiastic about new ideas, and willing to pilot new approaches to research.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Job Requisition ID:48659
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.