Pricing Manager - State & Local Government Contracts
Pricing Manager – State & Local Government Contracts (Arlington, VA)
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Provide Pricing support to US and Canada Sales - Public Sector & Commercial contracts. This includes structuring, proposing, negotiating and approving transactions.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate, negotiate, and manage client pricing issues.
- Collaborate with sales managers to drive growth and pricing consistency in global accounts. Work with both GTS and GBS teams and pricing SMEs to have unified one Gartner approach for commercial interactions in complex accounts
- Make decisions on transactional pricing, consistent with pricing policies and guidelines.
- Own all pricing frameworks and own refreshing these in line with Gartner’s requirements of not discounting new business, applying local pricing, migrating legacy to new services and grandfathering legacy services and products in an orderly manner where necessary. Net is constant improvements in both pricing and portfolio with each refresh and track success.
- Interact with clients directly to discuss pricing solutions to reduce the possibility of potential difficulties and to resolve problems.
- Partner with Sales Deal Hub Managers and Sales to promptly identify issues, risks and opportunities with new business and renewals.
- Work with RVPs to drive strategic success in each assigned region understanding their objectives.
- Work with account teams on complex situations to mitigate risk and set the foundation for future growth.
- Analyze the various pricing solutions and partner with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Finance and other key stakeholders to establish pricing solutions aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue requirements.
- Partner with product and sales managers to drive growth of newly launched strategic services and assist with migrations from legacy.
- Work with Frameworks team to ensure that all Public Sector schedules reflect our most up to date product offerings, where appropriate.
- Train the regional sales force, including New Hires, on Gartner pricing and tools at the Field and SMB Academies.
- Provide additional ad hoc training when required on important topics such as local pricing, multi-year contracts, early renewals, regional specific issues and coaching
- Manage communications to Public Sector Sales regarding pricing policies and practices.
- Identify where additional talk tracks are required to overcome client push back and re-enforce sales positive mindset; to scale for growth. Peer review with other pricers and publish in One Note
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years’ experience in finance, pricing, deal hub, or related function
- Knowledge of government contracts, particularly public sector strongly desired
- Very strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Successful track record of delivering superior client service.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately, organize work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Strong quantitative and analytical background.
- Ability to think laterally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:35723
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.