Operations Manager- Events & Operations
We are currently seeking candidates interested in the position of Operations Manager, Financial Services in our Washington, DC office. The FS Operations Manager will take ownership of and manage all events and operations activities for the FS franchise, leading a team of 3-4 individuals who are each responsible for managing franchise operations and events. A large part of this is explicit responsibility for all Executive Circles operations, our marquee franchise offering. Primary skills utilized in this position are: project management, personal leadership, the ability to manage and coach performance of others, superior ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders, a strategic orientation (e.g. ability to anticipate and solve challenges), and a strong ethos of client service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Client Services and Process Management
- Lead team to successfully execute all core operations and activities associated with each Executive Circle meeting, own agenda and scheduling of weekly Executive Circle leader meeting, lead and communicate process improvements and changes, and help leadership team execute strategy for the product.
- Liaise with corporate functions and manage all operational process for FS Research & Advisory, including webinars, monthly meeting collateral, client contact (meeting recruitment, agenda polls). Responsibilities include identifying best practice for a specific process, enabling process support for multiple activities simultaneously, monitoring the operational team’s quality of support, and recommending changes/new operational strategy as circumstances require.
- Establish and maintain the franchise’s information architecture in the G drive. Act as a key resource to the franchise and provide access to internal shared drives, folders, and other collaborative tools/platforms. Manage team to proactively and regularly maintain team distribution lists and org charts.
- Act as and coach team as experts in the necessary R&A platforms and processes (e.g. GEAR, Client Connect, RES scheduling/logging, PowerBI, etc.)
Branded Research and Project Management
- Lead team to successfully execute all core operational activities associated with marquee FS events on an annual basis. This would include supporting the production/dissemination of meeting recruitment collatera and managing multiple stakeholders to achieve client recruitment and deck production goals. Branded events include the annual Asia-Pacific event, Annual Executive Retreats, and international breakfast/networking meetings targeting non-North America clients.
- Collaborate with Conferences team to communicate deadlines and event guidelines to the FS leadership team; work with leadership team to think through event strategy for future events, manage the FS events calendar, submit changes as needed, and own the entire process for submitting final dates, locations, and timing for all FS events
- Assist with strategic projects for the franchise, plan staff meetings and events as needed.
- Serve as direct supervisor for coordinator/associate/specialist level staff on the FS events and operations team. Provide on-going informal performance feedback & coaching and formal reviews for each direct report.
- Ensure that team is providing superior service to both internal and external constituencies as well as provide stretch roles and development opportunities.
- Represent operations and events in Peer &Practitioner management committee, providing guidance to leadership on priorities, and in turn embedding leadership priorities into operations and events for the franchise.
Strategic Alignment and Business Management
- Create and maintain up to date guides on how to launch an Executive Circle and how to manage an existing Executive Circle.
- Identify and distribute accurate data to senior leadership; follow up on any areas of concern
- Provide process and project management support to franchise leaders in the exploration of potential new offers
- Assist in the collection and review of historical FS data in order to inform business decisions and test operational best-practice hypotheses
A successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage others successfully to achieve outcomes
- Strong record of achievement in current position
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Able to manage, prioritize and guide overlapping workstreams to successful outcomes
- Ability to communicate and manage projects effectively in a matrixed work environment
- Ability to inform/guide FS operational practices
- Demonstrates creativity in process management and problem resolution
- Ability to present self to membership and internal clients confidently and professionally
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Poise and “grace under pressure”
- Superior quality and service standard
- Solid analytical skills
- Results-oriented; solid work ethic
Job Requisition ID:37918
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.