Manager, Virtual Events
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Manager on the AER and Virtual Event Teams. The team executes close to 500 in-house and external (off-site) meetings, and 1000 Virtual Events annually. The Manager serves as a lead of the Virtual Events team with responsibilities in staff management and project management across both the AER and Virtual Events Teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage small team and ensure appropriate delegation and workload management along with performance management tasks as dictated by Gartner processes and policies.
- Partner with leadership team to develop resources for staff to improve business outcomes.
- Forecast attrition and take necessary steps to remain fully staffed.
- Effectively implement initiatives as directed by the leadership team, collaborate with relevant stateholders and identify resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Based on the needs of the project and requests of the leadership team, produce professional deliverables.
- Actively participate in the process of improving event operations from and internal and attendee perspective (consistency across events, data and reporting to the line, attendee registration and communication, onsite attendee experience). Provide detailed feedback on improvement opportunities for projects you support.
- Lead the Virtual Events team through the transition to Gartner systems, defining and documenting new processes.
Successful candidates possess:
- Superior quality and service standard.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple routine and one-off requests.
- Persistence, resourcefulness.
- Solid communication skills; able to communicate with diverse constituency.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proven coaching skills.
- Flexibility and ability to be graceful under pressure.
- Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal commiunication skills.
- Ability to produce professional delivables.
- Proficiency in analyzing data and condensing into executive summary
- Strategic thinker, self motivated, collaborative and solutions oriented
- Willingness to travel
Job Requisition ID:31331
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.