Lead Software Engineer
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp -who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software.For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About this role
The ideal candidate has a passion for coding and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology. You must be excited to find creative solutions to interesting coding challenges.This position works closely with our designers and engineers to build a compelling product and implement exciting new features--all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users. Familiarity with OS-specific APIs and demonstrated experience launching production-ready code is a must.
What you ll need
- A University Degree (preferably in Computer Science)
- 4-10+ years of professional working experience using the following:
What you ll do:
- Code.You'll spend your days writing new classes, solving interesting problems, thinking of clever algorithms and implementing solutions using techniques like web sockets and REST APIs.
- Write unit tests and test your code.We don t like bugs, and neither should you. We need your code to be reliable and reusable years for years to come.
- Learn new technologies. We're always trying new things and you should too. You ll be expected to keep getting better and learn new technical skills.
- Deliver products and tools that drive our business.The tools and features you ll work on will grow our company even faster, and help our teams and leaders do their jobs more efficiently.
Who you are:
- A team player.You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Passionate about learning.You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
- Organized and detailed-oriented.You think ahead of time about how best to implement new features, and your code is clean,well-organized and properly documented.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture.You ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation.We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great perks .
About Gartner: Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:28553
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.