Lead Engineer (REACT)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
In our Capterra office in Arlington, we’re looking for an experienced Lead Engineer with a background in developing interactive and customer-facing software. The ideal candidate has a passion for coding, bringing new software to market, and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology. You must be excited to find creative solutions to interesting coding challenges.
What You Will do:
- Assist in leading the development of high quality, innovative, flexible, and scalable technical solutions for the Capterra brand
- Perform hands-on development and provide thoughtful code reviews and architectural insights
- Mentor and lead development team members to continuously improve quality and productivity to achieve business results
- Design, develop, test and support applications and services using ReactJS, and other languages and frameworks
- Engage with the business in requirements analysis, leading to high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition; develop dataset process for data modeling, mining, and production
- Follow SCRUM Agile Development methodology
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of full stack software engineering
- 2+ years hands on ReactJS development experience
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails is helpful, but not required
- The desire to lead and mentor teams
- Ability and willingness to work with onsite and offshore teams
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A truly collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation package — Extensive benefits and generous time off starting day 1, 401(k) with company match, and fantastic insurance.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to Gartner's overreaching strategy
Watch what it's like to work for GDM!: https://vimeo.com/user87402552/review/368342244/d55d011d7b
Job Requisition ID:40864
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.