Lead Engineer (React)
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
In our Capterra office in Arlington, we’re looking for an experienced Lead Engineer with a background in developing interactive and customer-facing software. The ideal candidate has a passion for coding, bringing new software to market, and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology. You must be excited to find creative solutions to interesting coding challenges.
What You Will do:
- Assist in leading the development of high quality, innovative, flexible, and scalable technical solutions for the Capterra brand
- Perform hands-on development and provide thoughtful code reviews and architectural insights
- Mentor and lead development team members to continuously improve quality and productivity to achieve business results
- Design, develop, test and support applications and services using ReactJS, and other languages and frameworks
- Engage with the business in requirements analysis, leading to high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition; develop dataset process for data modeling, mining, and production
- Follow SCRUM Agile Development methodology
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of full stack software engineering
- 2+ years hands on ReactJS development experience
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails is helpful, but not required
- The desire to lead and mentor teams
- Ability and willingness to work with onsite and offshore teams
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A truly collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation package — Extensive benefits and generous time off starting day 1, 401(k) with company match, and fantastic insurance.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to Gartner's overreaching strategy
Watch what it's like to work for GDM!: https://vimeo.com/user87402552/review/368342244/d55d011d7b
Job Requisition ID:39053
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.