Facilities Security Officer
Facilities Security Officer (Arlington, VA Office)
About this role: Interfaces with Gartner’s US Federal Government Sales organization, Legal organization and various branches of the U.S. Federal Government. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring Gartner’s compliance with its contractual, statutory and regulatory obligations under the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and various applicable government security regulations and contracts.
What you’ll do:
- Review, maintain and update corporate Security Policies and Procedures;
- Track and maintain clearances via Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and or Defense Information System for Security (DISS)
- Initiate, track and process visit requests via JPAS
- Initiate security clearance requests and maintain records with company approved database;
- Maintain control logs for DD 254’s received;
- Conduct collateral and intelligence security briefings and debriefings;
- Assist employees with completion of required security paperwork;
- Coordinate with customers and other government representatives on security issues / actions;
- Process and maintain logs of Foreign Travel/Briefings;
- Update and conduct Annual Security Refresher Training;
- Conduct NATO Briefings as needed;
- Maintain the Insider Threat Program Security Officer and Insider Threat Working Group Required Qualifications:
- Conduct “issue-specific” and “new hire” security training for the US Federal Sales teams and other business departments.
- Assist with ancillary information requests related to security matters.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and five years of experience dealing with Department of Security Services (DSS) and various other US Federal Government Intelligence agencies
- In depth knowledge and understanding of JPAS, NISPOM and DD254’s.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with JPAS, e-QIP and IFSD;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally with all levels of Gartner staff and Government Security personnel.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with life style polygraph (or agreement to undergo polygraph within 30 days of employment);
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of contract and sales associates and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- A positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size. To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit www.gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:37163
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.