Director, Team Manager - Human Resources Research Practice
Research Directors work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas.You will need to work with agility to respond to executive needs as they are uncovered and evolve, as well as partner with commercial and other team members to drive to joint success.
The Gartner Human Resources Practice, with the recent acquisition of CEB, is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the HR domain on initiatives including, but not limited to, recruiting, talent analytics, HR function & strategy or comp & benefits. The Research Director will manage the research for Gartner for HR leaders, a subscription-based membership, specifically helping clients advance the way they partner with the CEO and Board. Through best-practice approaches, frameworks, and tools, these resources will ultimately help clients understand and apply insights to solve mission-critical priorities. This role will build tools, case studies, diagnostics, and training to influence stakeholders' perceptions and behaviors, and build innovative strategies based on cutting-edge insights.
As a lead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify their most pressing challenges.
- Lead a Research team through a proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct surveys and phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior internal managers and member companies.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team.
- Identify executive needs and develop research and products around them.
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects.
- Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of research experience
- 7+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 7+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year experience managing projects
- Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
- Master's or PhD degrees preferred
WhyYou Should Be Interested in a Research Career with Gartner:
- A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity while working for a global company that is distinguished by the quality of its insights.
- An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptional colleagues, in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-job development to achieve career success and advance within the Research Community.
- A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity
Job Requisition ID:31417
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.