Sr. Director, Financial Data Structure / IT Liaison - FLEXIBLE LOCATION
We’re looking for a Senior Director, well versed in Financial Data / Finance IT, to help CFOs and senior finance leaders effectively structure and govern financial data and work with the IT function. The Gartner Finance Practice, with the recent acquisition of CEB, is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the finance domain on initiatives including, but not limited to, financial strategy, cost optimization, financial data & analytics, finance technology optimization, and budgeting, planning & forecasting. The team works with more than 1000+ client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps CFOs and their direct leadership teams address their unique challenges by relying on original primary research, benchmarks, insights and analysis delivered through an advisory model.
If you’ve spent a good part of your career working with financial data with a foot in the IT world and want to share your expertise with senior executives grappling with tough decisions and challenges and advise clients across industries outside the traditional consulting engagement model, then this is the role for you.
- Serve as an authority on financial data management
- Research and represent thought leadership and advise senior Finance leaders on best practices in the financial data structuring & governance space, covering aspects including:
- Translating financial data requirements for IT leaders
- Liaising between Finance and IT on financial data needs and system limitations
- Creating financial data standards
- Creating financial data environment that ensures information integrity & usefulness
- Defining data governance principles and standards
- Establishing a formal data governance policy document
- Understanding of how to leverage data scientist and data engineer skills to solve data management challenges
- Provide direction to senior finance leaders on solutions to data management challenges
- Develop and extend advice and frameworks through written research
- Create materials for and deliver both face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients
- Help rapidly expand the expertise domain for a high-growth practice area
- Ensure integrity of our research and maintain Gartner independence
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 7+ years of experience in finance roles
- 7+ years of experience managing finance data within an IT liaison role
- Broad-based finance and financial data management experience. The ideal candidate will have served in a variety of finance operations, finance-IT liaison roles, FP&A or accounting, and/or related roles
- Stellar writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply to senior executives
- Strong willingness to challenge conventional norms and views, persistence and intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
- Masters or Finance Accreditation (e.g. FP&A accreditation, CPA)
- Broad-based industry experience as this role serves multiple industries
Job Requisition ID:30360
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.