Director, Corporate Communications Research Practice
Research Directors work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas. You will need to work with agility to respond to executive needs as they evolve and are uncovered, as well as partner with commercial and other team members to drive to joint success.
The Research Director will manage the research for the Communications Leadership Council targeting Corporate Communications executives & leaders. The research uncovers best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities, builds frameworks to help clients understand and apply insights. This role will build tools, case studies, diagnostics, and training to help increase returns on spend, influence stakeholders' perceptions and behaviors, and build innovative strategies based on cutting-edge insights.
As a lead on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify their most pressing challenges.
- Lead a Research team through a proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct surveys and phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior internal managers and member companies.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team.
- Identify executive needs and develop research and products around them.
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects.
- Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years of research experience
- 7+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 7+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year experience managing projects
- Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
- Master's or PhD degrees preferred
- Experience with market research in corporate communications preferred
Job Requisition ID:32005
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.