Data Consultant - Service Leaders Product
The Data Consultantwill help lead the creation and ongoing management of data services and features for the Gartner for Sales Leaders product. The individual in this role will translate client needs into data services and deliverables, catalog market voice to identify opportunities for evolving our data services, and serve as a liaison between client and internal stakeholders such as commercial and product leaders. This individual will work with a research team that produces content that will involve investigating, analyzing and reporting on critical data collected through our data services, and require strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills. Gartner’s data services and product features have become integral components of the world’s leading organizations. These applications help organizations improve performance and manage cost.
- Product Development and Strategy: Develop a robust sense of customer voice via interviews, surveys, and utilization data to develop and prioritize an ongoing slate of data service enhancements. Define a roadmap for new data services and tools that serve external clients.
- Data Acquisition and Management: Define and manage data requirements, acquisition method, and dataset to support the delivery of data services and tools.
- Data visualization and report design: Design client-facing, quantitative reports that effectively communicate actionable data and findings to clients
- Team Coaching and Management: This individual will help manage an analyst who designs, builds, and delivers data services and tools. This Data Consultant will be responsible for developing this analyst into an effective product manager who can help drive the product development efforts around the tools.
- Product Utilization: Effectively conveying the value proposition of data services during introductory calls and use consultative skills to work with clients on how to best utilize our tools to support their objectives. Driving product utilization by coordinating marketing efforts in partnership with internal stakeholders. Support our internal stakeholders by providing utilization reporting on our clients’ use of our products and tools.
- Client Implementation Management: Support clients throughout the product implementation cycle and will coordinate with internal stakeholders across Gartner offices to deliver results.
- Process Development and Improvement: This individual will continually look for ways to enhance processes and improve the operational efficiency of various data services and tools across the acquisition of clients and delivery of data services. Identify scalable solutions for acquiring data and delivering services to clients.
- 5+ years product management experience, preferably in software, data services, or management consulting
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred in an analytic field (e.g. Business Analytics, Decision Science, Operations, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering)
- Relevant experience includes:
- Formulating business problems and designing solutions in a quantitative framework
- Creating visual presentations of data
- Conducting benchmarking or diagnostic surveys
- Finding and gathering data (e.g., survey administration, data mining and preprocessing, machine learning, natural language processing)
- Ability to facilitate discussion and present complex data to non-technical audiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including active listening
- Proactive, autonomous, and determined
- Quick learner with a positive attitude
- Strong results orientation and attention to detail
- “Big picture thinker”—focusing on long-term strategy and objectives—while balancing this against the need to execute in the near term
- Demonstrated team player – willing to collaborate and step in to support team members as and when needed
- Active interest in data-based products and understanding of surveys and analytics
- Ability to support multiple stakeholders and products and be comfortable working with remote colleagues
- Familiarity with VBA and VB Script programming
- Programming in a statistical programs (STATA, R, Python)
- Ability to manage complex and large datasets
Job Requisition ID:29842
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.