Associate Data Scientist
At Gartner we hire the brightest and most talented people in the world. Are you looking to work on the most innovative projects and build technologies that change the world? At the Gartner, you have the chance to build the future.
We are looking for some smart Data Scientists who can generate insights from our data. Join us to get a chance at creating some of the most innovative solutions at our data innovation center.
The Data Scientist with minimum will focus on mid-size to large projects for the development of NLP and Machine learning solutions employing a working knowledge of SDLC,SCRUM, and Agile methodologies. The engineer will design, specify, and implement a state of the art natural language processing and machine learning for our next generation products. This position emphasizes a need for to conceptualize, design, and develop reusable NLP and ML models as well as very strong technical knowledge for implementing big data technologies. Additionally,the Data Scientist will play a key role in requirements gathering, project documentation, application developments tasks and the translation of requirements for project teams both foreign and domestic
- Demonstrable 1-3 years of Experience in developing natural language processing models.
- Demonstrable1-3 years of Experience developing and applying machine learning using tools such as Python Scikit, R or similar languages.
- Experience with NLP tools such as NLTK, OpenNLP, Stanford CoreNLP and similar opensource solutions
- Experience with NLP tagging methods and techniques such as CCG, Penn Tree Bank
- Experience with multi-lingual (international) NLP processing and tagging
- Experience with NLP applications such as tokenization, parsing, lemmatization, POStagging techniques, Named Entity Recognition (NER) or Stanford NER (SNER)
- Experience in Topic mining using Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA), keywords,n-grams,TF-IDF vectors
- Experience in Document Classification using different language models and similarity metrics like Word2Vec, KL-Divergence, and Cosine Similarity.
- Experience with developing NLP applications such as sentiment analysis, topic modeling, text summary production
- Experience with developing NLP tools using Machine learning, Statistical analysis,bag of words, parts of speech tagging
- Ability to apply combinations of classifiers Na ve Bayes, Decision Tree, k-NN,Neural Networks, and SVM.
- Experience in mining/analyzing vast data stores and uncovering insights.
- Experience in building Recommendation Systems
- Experience in writing clean, documented, modular, reusable code in Python
- Experience in data wrangling and munging using Python libraries like Numpy, Pandas,Beautiful Soup, etc.
- Experience with Big Data tools like Hadoop, Spark is a plus
- Experience with Deep learning techniques like LSTM, RNN is a plus
- Knowledgeof Python and Java.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Proficiency in Database SQL query development and data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking with excellent judgment and initiative
- Self-motivator with great attention to detail and follow through
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Very good listening and interpretation skills
- Knowledge in Hadoop is a plus
- Managing and deploying HBase
- Good knowledge in back-end programming, specifically Java, JS, Node.js and OOAD
- Knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio, GitHub, and MongoDB
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or Master s Degree or Ph.D. in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering or, Statistics, or Mathematics, or related discipline.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to team work as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:32570
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.