Account Management & Growth Thought Leader Analyst- FLEXIBLE LOCATION
If you are a sales leader and looking to share your experiences with hundreds of clients (not just a single company), research and teach best practices and cutting edge trends, and generally help improve win rates, shorten sales cycles, close larger deals, and operate more efficiently, this is the role for you. This is a unique opportunity to take your knowledge and advise other companies in how to improve their own sales effectiveness. The mission is to help B2B companies improve their account management practices and help sales leaders to drive growth within existing customer relationships. The Gartner Sales Practice, with the recent acquisition of CEB, is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the sales domain, including the original research and publication of The Challenger Sale and long, rich history of paradigm-shifting insights. The team works with more than 800 client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps clients address their unique challenges by relying on original research, benchmarks, and analysis delivered through an advisory model. This position will be expected to research and represent the leading thinking and approaches in the account management field, covering aspects including:
- Account planning and management
- Key account management
- Account intelligence & Lead Sharing
- Customer stakeholder management
- Key account (de)selection
- Key account manager development
- Account team effectiveness
- Sales enablement for account growth
The position will be oriented to providing advice to senior sales leaders (CSO, head of sales, sales strategy and operations, and sales enablement). Focus is predominantly on large/global-enterprise and midsize-enterprise organizations.
- Develop and extend advice and frameworks through written research
- Create materials for and deliver both face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients
- Help rapidly expand the expertise domain for a high-growth practice area
- Ensure integrity of our research and maintain Gartner independence
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Broad-based sales leadership experience in account management. The ideal candidate will have served in a variety of sales leadership, sales enablement, sales strategy and/or related roles.
- Stellar writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply to senior executives
- Strong willingness to challenge conventional norms and views, persistence and intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
- This position will be North America based
- Masters or PhD
- Broad-based industry experience as this role serves multiple industries
- Knowledge and experience working with innovative technologies in categories such as sales enablement and AMB
- Experience selling (or managing sales teams) across a variety of customer segments and/or channels
Job Requisition ID:29837
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.