Oversee and control all in-countries finance & accounting activities. Provide regional leadership to develop and manage compliance and controls within Corporate and country requirements. Manage the country & regional implementation of all Finance & Accounting Global and local processes and requirements. Provide financial and accounting advice, guidance and support to country and regional Leaders.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
Oversees Accounting & all reporting for both US GAAP and Country statutory requirements (including payroll, GL, A/P, T&E, banks, A/R, monthly/quarterly/ Year-end closing, annual reporting)
- Lead preparation and execution of Legal Financials Accounts and any other Legal Finance reporting
- Lead relationship with external Statutory Audit and the execution of Legal Statutory Audits processes
- Internal control – enforce and control application of global policies & procedures and ensure full compliance with country legal requirements
- Tax compliance – preparation and execution of VAT/GST, payroll and indirect tax declarations and returns – collaborate with Tax team to the execution of corporate Returns and any Tax Audits.
- Order-to-cash - provide full support of centralized processes for contract reviews, booking, invoicing & collection activities- Provide advice and guidance on country requirements to ensure full compliance
- Procure-to-pay – oversees full process and execute accounting and tax related tasks
- Payroll: lead and manage country payroll process and the relationship with payroll provider
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation by actively executing management initiatives and CCG projects while & developing and documenting all processes
- Provide guidance on local requirements to ensure they are effectively incorporated into global processes
- Execute and/or support any special project
Impact of Role: Expected Results
High quality, accurate, transparent and compliant accounting and financials available each month to be used in internal and external reporting while ensuring full understanding of process, rules and impact of responsibilities to organization. Ensure Global Consistency and full compliance with country legal finance requirements of any areas and processes. Provide accurate, timely meaningful analysis to allow fact-based business decisions.
Local equivalent of Bachelors in Accounting or Finance, Masters or CPA preferred
4-5 years’ experience within a leadership Finance function of a global multi-national company in Finance Manager role, with experience to lead team and oversee multiple countries
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytic skills especially for identifying root causes of problems
- Highly skilled at organization and time management including prioritization of competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Excellent ability to understand, document and improve business processes
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of country statutory requirements of accounting, finance, tax, payroll
- Experience supporting business unit line management in financial/advisory role
- Ability to work autonomously, with remote direct line management; requires decision making experience around complex issues.
- Ability to "push-back"/influence Business management when required and appropriate.
- Growth Mindset: champions and inspires other to change, drives and leads change
- Fosters long-term learning and development with focus on ensuring the right people are doing the right things
- Provides inspirational leadership by communicating vision for the team
- Proficient in English – French and German would be an advantage
- Experience with Oracle Financials is an advantage
Job Requisition ID:39365
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.