Senior Executive Partner - State & Local Government
Senior Executive Partner – State & Local Government
What makes Gartner Executive Programs a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Executive Programs as part of our State and Local Government team, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Executive Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are typically CIOs from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies.
Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment and exceptional career development - as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a collaborative, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Our clients come entirely from State and Local Government (SLG) organizations, most typically being the CIO. As with their private enterprise counterparts, our clients find themselves challenged with the pace of change within the IT function as government organizations continue to focus themselves on their residents’ needs. With the support of their Executive Partner, our SLG clients are able to assess the changes needed within their organization, achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. As an Executive Partner, you will have the opportunity to learn about and deliver solutions for the most complex technology challenges facing our country’s largest SLG community of CIOs.
What you’ll do:
- Provide executive advisory services to 25-30 CIO members who work within State and Local Government (SLG) organizations.
- Work as a collaborative Gartner team member serving these SLG members in conjunction with Team Client Managers and Account Executives (who also focus exclusively in the SLG area).
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
- Responsible for SLG member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and /or participate in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall Executive Program strategy and product deliverables.
- Facilitate member interaction and peer collaboration through the Gartner EXP member community portal and assisted member connections.
- Lead and participate in local events..
What you’ll need:
- An appropriate university undergraduate degree (Masters preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a CIO or in a senior management role in an IT capacity, inside or outside the SLG arena.
- An in-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of the CIO (including leadership, operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of business and IT strategies.
- The Executive Partner will be an accomplished CIO, or consultant working with C-suite and IT executives, with a broad base of expertise who has operated at a senior leadership level and driven change at all levels.
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our Member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, including experience working with C-level executives.
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- This role is a Client-facing position that requires a high level of Executive presence and ability to quickly build trust and deliver value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:33982
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.