Software Developer- JAVA Production Support
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Independent Contributor that participates in production support, development, implementation of application systems under guidance.
What you’ll do:
- Developing professional participating in development, implementation and production support of application systems under guidance
- Develops detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple programs
- Develops requirement specification based on analysis and discussion with business
- Develops, codes and tests programs from clear specifications to resolve reasonably small problems
- Contributes to the development of test plans
- Writes documentation that describes installation and support procedures
- Provides production support and should be able to troubleshoot production issues
- Provides first level troubleshooting and technical support for the group’s business users
What you’ll need:
- Typical candidates will possess 3-5+ years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience designing and developing Enterprise Java, including web applications on Tomcat
- 2-3 years’ experience with Spring and Hibernate
- 1-2 years production support experience for J2EE applications
- 1-2 years’ experience JMS or messaging system
- 1 year experience with SQL on Oracle and PostgreSQL databases
- Experience in developing and maintenance of SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience with an Enterprise Service Bus is a plus
- Familiarity with WebLogic is a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience with PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, and Functions is plus
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to team work.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:27644
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
We want to meet you! Learn about our upcoming recruitment events.