Intern, Information Technology
IT Internship – Maitland, FL
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role: An internship opportunity (part-time now or summer 2019) with Gartner’s Information Technology organization for high-potential individuals who are currently pursuing an Engineering or Computer Science degree. Be part of the enterprise monitoring team responsible for running the tools that tell the health of all the IT services servers applications.
What you’ll do:
This is a unique opportunity to spend time working with one of our software development or IT teams. We have multiple openings in the areas of:
- Full-stack development (Java, .NET, etc)
- Front-end development (React.js)
- Cloud programming (AWS, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Node, Python, Go
- QA and Performance Testing
- IT Security
- IT Project Management (Scrum) and Technical Documentation
- Data Science
What you’ll need:
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Motivated, high-potential performers with ability to influence and lead
- Good software development and object-oriented design fundamentals
- React, JQuery, Bootstrap experience is a plus
- Relational DB experience (SQL) is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud technologies or AWS is a plus
- Web based application development experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:31528
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.